ABC Level 1 Award, Certificate, Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance
- Complete practical work in our workshop
- Develop knowledge and skills of the motor vehicle industry
- Prepare pupils for further training or a career in the automotive industry
This course has been designed to be practical, engaging and motivating to support pupils in gaining the basic knowledge and skills required by automotive maintenance and repair sector employers. Pupils will understand housekeeping and health and safety practices within an automotive environment, how engine systems work and how to carry out routine vehicle maintenance.
- Health and safety practices within an automotive environment
- Using tools, equipment and information when maintaining engine systems
- Recording information from vehicle checks
English, Maths and ICT skills are included in relevant, work-related contexts, allowing pupils to work towards an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 qualification in those areas.
Completing the course provides pupils with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress to other vocational qualifications in Motor Vehicle and Engineering at College.
All pupils study GCSE English, maths, science.