We Measure and Assess the Impact of our Careers Programme through a variety of methods including but not limited to:
- Destination measures
- Stakeholder Feedback including; Parents, Carers, Students & Staff
- Employer feedback
- Visiting partners feedback
- Work experience evaluations
- Website analytical review
- Gatsby Benchmarks
The Eight Benchmarks are a framework for good career guidance developed to support schools in providing students with the best possible careers education, information, advice, and guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The Gatsby Benchmarks are reviewed each term by the Careers Leader and supporting staff. Appropriate actions are implemented and shared with relevant stakeholders.
We use the ‘Careers & Enterprise Company’s Compass Plus’ self evaluation tool that gives us an immediate confidential read-out of how our own career guidance performs against the Gatsby eight benchmarks. This is supported by The Lancashire Careers Hub.
In June 2021, The Heights, Blackburn achieved the Gatsby Benchmark award and is currently working towards this Award for the 2021/22 Academic Year.
Collaboration & Partnerships
The school works closely with local schools within the area and the EPT, to support the development of the Careers Programme and share ‘Good Practice’.
The School continues to work closely with representatives from Blackburn with Darwen’s New Directions, Lancashire Careers Hub and the Careers and Enterprise Company.
The school is lucky enough to partner with an number of external partners including but not limited to:
- Blackburn Rovers Community Trust / NCS
- New Directions Careers Service
- Education Business Partnership (EBP)
- Lancashire Careers Hub
The school Careers Lead and staff continue to develop further partnership through networking and collaboration events. The school has a number of links with a number of FE and HE providers.
Review of Published information
The next review of published information will take place in Summer Term 2023, this information will be reviewed by the Careers Team. This information will be reviewed annually. Updated information is uploaded to the website throughout the year.